Synonyms and Antonyms of compress
- a science textbook that compresses a lot of information about anatomy into a few short chapters
- The substance can compress under pressure.
Synonym Discussion of compress
- caused her muscles to contract
- the sweater will shrink when washed
- condense the essay into a paragraph
- compressed cotton into bales
- the throat is constricted by a tight collar
- deflate the balloon
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up compress? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).