Synonyms and Antonyms of develop
to gradually become clearer or more detailed
- The facts of what had happened slowly developed over the next few days.
advance, fare, forge, get along, get on, march, proceed, progress
blossom, grow, mature, ripen
emerge, play out
to come to have gradually
- The youngster developed a taste for green olives.
absorb, adopt, embrace, take in, take on
gain, get, obtain
achieve, attain, reach
foster, nourish, nurture, promote
abandon, desert, forsake
cast, discard, ditch, dump, fling (off or away), jettison, junk, reject, scrap, shed, shuck (off), slough (also sluff), throw away, throw out, unload
to become mature
- The wine is developing nicely in the new oak barrels.
decay, decline, degenerate, deteriorate, sink, worsen
droop, dry, fade, flag, sag, shrivel, wane, waste (away), weaken, wilt, wither
regress, retrogress, revert
backslide, lapse, return
to express more fully and in greater detail
- Marketing people developed the initial idea into a complete promotional campaign.
to produce or bring about especially by long or repeated effort
- Outside consultants helped the company develop an effective marketing strategy.
churn out, crank out, turn out
cobble (together or up), throw up
compose, construct, craft, create, engineer, fabricate, fashion, form, frame, generate, manufacture, mint, model, shape, tailor
conceive, concoct, contrive, cook (up), devise, hatch, invent, originate
accomplish, achieve, bring off, carry out, effect