Synonyms and Antonyms of alleviate
- A car pool alleviates some of the stress of driving the kids to and from school every day.
Synonym Discussion of alleviate
- took an aspirin to relieve the pain
- the lotion alleviated the itching
- good news would lighten our worries
- ocean breezes assuaged the intense heat
- the need to mitigate barbaric laws
- allayed their fears
Learn More about alleviate
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up alleviate? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).