Synonyms and Antonyms of relieve
- An ice pack will relieve the swelling.
- The bellhop relieved him of his luggage and led him to the elevator.
Synonym Discussion of relieve
- took an aspirin to relieve the pain
- the lotion alleviated the itching
- good news would lighten our worries
- ocean breezes assuaged the intense heat
- the need to mitigate barbaric laws
- allayed their fears
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up relieve? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).