Synonyms and Antonyms of assuage
- a mother cooing to her toddler and assuaging his fear of the dark
- That huge meal certainly assuaged my hunger.
- Nothing would assuage the angry parent except the prompt dismissal of the teacher who had used corporal punishment without authorization.
Synonym Discussion of assuage
- took an aspirin to relieve the pain
- the lotion alleviated the itching
- good news would lighten our worries
- ocean breezes assuaged the intense heat
- the need to mitigate barbaric laws
- allayed their fears
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up assuage? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).