Synonyms and Antonyms of displace
- The slight tremor displaced the dishes on the shelves, but didn't do any real damage.
- World War II displaced people all over Europe.
- The CEO was summarily displaced after the hostile takeover.
Synonym Discussion of displace
- replaced the broken window
- war had displaced thousands
- was abruptly supplanted in her affections by another
- the new edition supersedes all previous ones
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up displace? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).