Synonyms and Antonyms of relegate
- Courtiers and generals who incurred the emperor's disfavor were soon relegated to the farther reaches of the empire.
- an important historical figure who is often relegated to footnote status
Synonym Discussion of relegate
- committed the felon to prison
- the president is entrusted with broad powers
- confided complete control of my affairs to my attorney
- consigned the damaging notes to the fire
- relegated to an obscure position in the company
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up relegate? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).