Synonyms and Antonyms of expel
- Animal lover though I am, I was determined to expel the uninvited mouse from my room.
give one the gate [slang], send packing
- Something in a wastebasket was expelling a foul odor.
- Ringing and flashing madly, the slot machine expelled a bucketful of quarters.
Synonym Discussion of expel
- ejected an obnoxious patron from the bar
- a student expelled from college
- police ousted the squatters
- evicted for nonpayment of rent
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up expel? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).