Synonyms and Antonyms of toss
- The boat tossed to and fro in the heavy seas.
- I tossed and turned in bed all night, unable to sleep in the heat.
- Toss that football over here.
- We need to go through the basement and toss whatever we don't use.
dispose of, set aside
Synonym Discussion of toss
- can throw a fastball and a curve
- cast it to the winds
- tossed the coat on the bed
- flung the ring back in his face
- hurled himself at the intruder
- pitch horseshoes
- slung the bag over his shoulder
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up toss? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).