Synonyms and Antonyms of oscillate
- When a guitar string is plucked, it oscillates to produce sound waves in the air.
- The model's hair color oscillates between bleach blond and jet black.
Synonym Discussion of oscillate
- the door suddenly swung open
- trees swaying in the breeze
- an oscillating fan
- the vibrating strings of a piano
- fluctuating interest rates
- the exhausted runner wavered before collapsing
- an undulating sea of grass
Learn More about oscillate
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up oscillate? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).