Synonyms and Antonyms of swing
- At the sound of gunfire, the cavalry officer swung his horse around and galloped rapidly back to the fort.
- a man who's able to swing two full-time jobs
come to grips with, have a grip on
- swung the bat and missed the ball
- Don't let the wind swing that gate shut.
- beach towels swung up to dry on the lifeguard's high chair
- I don't think that we can swing that hefty a mortgage.
Synonym Discussion of swing
- swing the rope back and forth
- waving the flag
- flourished the winning lottery ticket
- brandishing a knife
- an infant thrashing his arms about
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up swing? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).