Synonyms and Antonyms of veer
- veered the ship abruptly to the right to avoid a collision
- Without warning the car veered to the left and into an oncoming truck.
Synonym Discussion of veer
- swerved to avoid hitting the dog
- at that point the path veers to the right
- never deviated from her daily routine
- occasionally departs from his own guidelines
- a professor prone to digress
- after school their paths diverged
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up veer? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).