Synonyms and Antonyms of circle
something with a perfectly round circumference
- A circle of columns surrounds the memorial to the fallen heroes.
a circular strip
- a decorative circle of silver on the rim of the commemorative plate for their 25th wedding anniversary
belt, cincture, collar, girdle
annulet, becket, coil, curl, furl, hank, spiral, spire, twirl, whorl
a group of people sharing a common interest and relating together socially
- Pam got together with her social circle once a week.
body, bunch, clan, clique, community, coterie, coven, crowd, fold, gang, lot, network, pack, ring, set
charmed circle, elite, in-group
club, college, fellowship, guild (also gild), league, organization, society
camp, faction, sect, side, tribe
brotherhood, fraternity, order, sisterhood, sodality, sorority
alliance, bloc, coalition, confederation, congress, council, federation, union
a series of events or actions that repeat themselves regularly and in the same order
- With the birth of a child coming so soon after the death of a grandparent, we were once again reminded of the circle of life.
course, development, progression, run
beat, circuit, loop, ring
revolution, rotation, turn, turnover
chain, sequence, series, string, succession, train
a region of activity, knowledge, or influence
- That lies outside the circle of our investigation.
area, arena, bailiwick, business, department, discipline, domain, element, fief, fiefdom, field, firmament, front, game, kingdom, line, precinct, province, realm, specialty, sphere, terrain, walk
occupation, profession, pursuit, racket, vocation
ambit, amplitude, breadth, compass, confine, dimension(s), extent, ken, reach, scope, sweep, width