Definition of orbit
- within the president's orbit
Synonym Discussion of orbit
- the entire range of human experience
- a performance that ran the gamut of emotions
- your concerns lie beyond the narrow compass of this study
- the book covers the entire sweep of criminal activity
- as time went on, the scope of the investigation widened
- within that restricted orbit they tried to effect social change
Examples of orbit in a Sentence
The Moon orbits the Earth.
The satellites orbit at different heights.
The Moon orbits around the Earth.
ORBIT Defined for English Language Learners
Definition of orbit for English Language Learners
: to travel around (something, such as a planet or moon) in a curved path : to make an orbit around (something)
ORBIT Defined for Kids
medical Definition of orbit
orbitalplay \-ᵊl\ adjective
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up orbit? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).