Synonyms and Antonyms of business
transactions or economic support provided by customers
- Only places that are equal opportunity employers will get my business.
a commercial or industrial activity or organization
- Most of the local businesses belong to the association.
something to be dealt with
- We have one piece of business remaining for today's meeting.
consideration, issue, problem
crisis, crossroad(s), crunch, emergency, exigency, flash point, head, juncture, strait, zero hour
concern, trouble, worry
care, lookout, responsibility
corner, fix, hole, jam, pickle, pinch, predicament, scrape, spot
the buying and selling of goods especially on a large scale and between different places
- The store is now open for business.
the action for which a person or thing is specially fitted or used or for which a thing exists
- Plants going about the business of photosynthesis provide the Earth with a renewable source of oxygen.
affair, concern, hand, involvement, participation
niche, office, post, situation
calling, occupation, pursuit, vocation
activity, assignment, charge, commission, duty, employ, mission, responsibility, service, use
a region of activity, knowledge, or influence
- If you want a medical malpractice lawyer, he's the best in the business.
area, arena, bailiwick, circle, department, discipline, domain, element, fief, fiefdom, field, firmament, front, game, kingdom, line, precinct, province, realm, specialty, sphere, terrain, walk
occupation, profession, pursuit, racket, vocation
ambit, amplitude, breadth, compass, confine, dimension(s), extent, ken, reach, scope, sweep, width
a specific task with which a person or group is charged
- The interrogators demanded to know what business the suspect had in the restricted area at that time of night.
burden, chore, duty, need, obligation, office, requirement, responsibility
errand, labor, work
commitment, pledge, promise
appointment, commission, designation, nomination
compulsion, constraint, restraint
the act or fact of violating the trust or confidence of another
- He's been giving his partner the business for years.
backstabbing, betrayal, disloyalty, double cross, faithlessness, falseness, falsity, infidelity, perfidy, sellout, treachery, treason, two-timing, unfaithfulness
deceit, deception, double-dealing, duplicity, guile, two-facedness
fraud, informing, lying, snitching, talebearing, trickery