Synonyms and Antonyms of assignment
- His first newspaper assignment was writing obituaries.
- The spy team's assignment was to steal the enemy's plans.
- Her assignment to the board of directors was a point of considerable pride for her.
Synonym Discussion of assignment
- charged with a variety of tasks
- the duties of a lifeguard
- the job of turning the company around
- every child was assigned chores
- a 2-month stint as a reporter
- a reporter's assignment
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up assignment? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).