Synonyms and Antonyms of falsity
a false idea or belief
- the falsity that the stars influence behavior
delusion, error, fallacy, falsehood, hallucination, illusion, misbelief, misconception, myth, old wives' tale, untruth
fiction, pretense (or pretence)
distortion, inaccuracy, misapprehension, miscomprehension, misinterpretation, misjudgment, misperception, misunderstanding
misinformation, misknowledge, misreport, misrepresentation, misstatement
fib, half-truth, lie, story, tale
a statement known by its maker to be untrue and made in order to deceive
- The witness was accused of telling falsities.
fable, fabrication, fairy tale, falsehood, fib, lie, mendacity, prevarication, story, tale, untruth, whopper
distortion, exaggeration, half-truth
defamation, libel, slander
bluff, fiction, pose, pretense (or pretence)
canard, fallacy, misconception, myth
falsification, misinformation, misreport, misrepresentation, misstatement
deceit, deceitfulness, dishonesty, duplicity, fraudulence
lack of faithfulness especially to one's husband or wife
- The falsity of Guinevere usually figures prominently in medieval and modern tellings of the legend of King Arthur.
the act or fact of violating the trust or confidence of another
- Despite being offered a fortune to spill the president's secrets, the trusted aide declared that he'd sooner die than be guilty of such falsity.
backstabbing, betrayal, business, disloyalty, double cross, faithlessness, falseness, infidelity, perfidy, sellout, treachery, treason, two-timing, unfaithfulness
deceit, deception, double-dealing, duplicity, guile, two-facedness
fraud, informing, lying, snitching, talebearing, trickery
the quality or state of being false
- The falsity of Columbus's estimate of the earth's circumference was pretty much demonstrated when he made a head-on collision with the western hemisphere.