Synonyms and Antonyms of heave
- Mike heaved as soon as he stepped off the roller coaster.
lose one's lunch [slang], toss one's cookies
- heaved the bucket from the bottom of the well
- heaved the brick over the fence
- By the time he reached the top step of the tower, he was heaving.
be out of breath
Synonym Discussion of heave
- lift the chair while I vacuum
- scouts raising a flagpole
- suddenly reared itself up on its hind legs
- elevated the taste of the public
- hoisted the cargo on board
- heaved the heavy crate inside
- boosted his brother over the fence
Learn More about heave
See words that rhyme with heave Dictionary: Definition of heave Medical Dictionary: Definition of heave Spanish Central: Translation of heave Nglish: Translation of heave for Spanish speakers Britannica English: Translation of heave for Arabic speakers Britannica.com: Encyclopedia article about heave
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up heave? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).