Synonyms and Antonyms of hurl
- That meal was so gross I thought I was going to hurl.
lose one's lunch [slang], toss one's cookies
- A fighter jet hurled through the sky.
barrel, belt, blast, blaze, blow, bolt, bowl, breeze, bundle, bustle, buzz, cannonball, careen, career, chase, course, dash, drive, fly, hare, hasten, hie, highball, hotfoot (it), hump, hurry, hurtle, hustle, jet, jump, motor, nip, pelt, race, ram, rip, rocket, run, rush, rustle, scoot, scurry, scuttle, shoot, speed, step, tear, travel, trot, whirl, whisk, zip, zoom
beat it, get a move on, make tracks, shake a leg, step on it
- hurled snowballs at each other
Synonym Discussion of hurl
- can throw a fastball and a curve
- cast it to the winds
- tossed the coat on the bed
- flung the ring back in his face
- hurled himself at the intruder
- pitch horseshoes
- slung the bag over his shoulder
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up hurl? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).