Synonyms and Antonyms of loiter
- Patrons are requested not to loiter outside the theater.
drag one's feet (also drag one's heels), drop behind, fall behind, hang fire, mark time, take one's time
Synonym Discussion of loiter
- we cannot delay any longer
- procrastinates about making decisions
- lagging behind in technology
- loitered at several store windows
- children dawdling on their way home from school
- stop dallying and get to work
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up loiter? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).