Synonyms and Antonyms of dally
- He spent his college years dallying, seemingly determined to acquire as little knowledge as possible.
- Don't dally on the way to the interview.
drag one's feet (also drag one's heels), drop behind, fall behind, hang fire, mark time, take one's time
- twenty-somethings who spent the summer dallying with the group renting the neighboring beach house
- I kept dallying at my desk until I couldn't put off doing my work any longer.
kill time, twiddle one's thumbs
Synonym Discussion of dally
- to trifle with a lover's feelings
- a political novice toying with great issues
- dallying with the idea of building a boat someday
- flirted with one fashionable ism after another
- companies that coquet with environmentalism solely for public relations
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up dally? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).