Synonyms & Antonyms of temporize
formal to avoid making a decision or giving a definite answer in order to have more time
- Pressured by voters on both sides of the issue, the congressmen temporized.
Synonyms & Near Synonyms for temporize
- (also lallygag),
- fiddle (around),
- fool around,
- mess around,
- monkey (around),
- potter (around),
- putter (around),
Antonyms & Near Antonyms for temporize
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game