Synonyms and Antonyms of terminate
- We need to terminate the discussion for this evening, but we'll resume tomorrow morning.
ring down the curtain (on)
- This class will terminate with the arrival of Memorial Day.
bite the dust
- The operative's covert mission was to terminate the leader of the opposition.
do away with
- He was terminated for constantly coming in to work late.
send packing, show the door (one)
Synonym Discussion of terminate
- close a debate
- ended his life
- the service concluded with a blessing
- after it is painted, the house will be finished
- the resolving of this last issue completes the agreement
- your employment terminates after three months
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up terminate? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).