Synonyms and Antonyms of oust
- She was ousted from her job after it was proven she'd been pilfering company supplies.
give one the gate [slang], send packing
- The people finally rose up and ousted the corrupt dictator.
- The squatters were forcibly ousted from the abandoned building.
Synonym Discussion of oust
- ejected an obnoxious patron from the bar
- a student expelled from college
- police ousted the squatters
- evicted for nonpayment of rent
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up oust? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).