Synonyms and Antonyms of pour
to cause to flow in a stream
- She lifted the teakettle and poured some hot water from the spout.
to move in a stream
- water gently pouring down the canal toward the dam
arise, emanate, issue, spring
course, race, rush
fountain, gush, spout, spurt
deluge, engulf, flood, inundate, overflow, overrun, swamp
cascade, dribble, drip, gutter, riffle, ripple, sheet, trickle
flush, wash out
to flow out in great quantities or with force
- There were tears pouring down his cheeks.
cascade, issue, roll, run, stream
plash, slosh, splash, wash
deluge, drown, engulf, flood, inundate, overflow, overwhelm, submerge, submerse, swamp
to fall as water in a continuous stream of drops from the clouds
- It's pouring outside, so you'd better take an umbrella.
to give readily and in large quantities
- repeatedly poured money into the revitalization of the downtown area