:to strike, move, or produce with a click
- clicked his heels together
:to select especially in a computer interface by pressing a button on a control device (such as a mouse)
:to turn (something) on or off by pushing a button or moving a switch
- She clicked off the light, and we were plunged into darkness again.
- —Pam Zollman
- … I just kept fumbling till I found the remote and pulled it up out of the cracks of the couch and clicked the TV off.
- —Donald Hays
:to change or move through (channels) especially by pushing buttons on a remote control
:to fit or agree exactly
:to fit together :hit it off
- they did not click as friends
:to function smoothly
:to select something by clicking
—often used with on
:to change to a different channel or move through channels especially by pushing buttons on a remote control
- She fiddled with the remote control until the TV turned on. She clicked through the channels.
- —Juanita Carter