left-clicked; left-clicking; left-clicks
Definition of left-click
: to press the leftmost button on a computer mouse or similar input device There's an icon but when I left-click on it, I do not have any of the shortcuts I expect.— John C. Dvorak When purchasing an in-store computer, select the Start button, and left-click "Computer." A menu will pop up.— Matthew Shepard — compare right-click
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?