Synonyms and Antonyms of undermine
- She tried to undermine my authority by complaining about me to my boss.
- The events of the past year have undermined people's confidence in the government.
annihilate, bang up, bash, batter, clobber, crush, dash, decimate, demolish, desolate, destroy, devastate, do in, pulverize, raze, ruin, scourge, shatter, smash, tear down, total, waste, wipe out, wreck
Synonym Discussion of undermine
- a disease that weakens the body's defenses
- enfeebled by starvation
- the debilitating effects of surgery
- a poor diet undermines your health
- drugs had sapped his ability to think
- crippled by arthritis
- disabled by an injury sustained at work
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up undermine? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).