past tense of undermine
Synonyms & Antonyms of undermined
See the Dictionary Definition
to make (someone or something) weaker or less effective usually in a secret or gradual way
- She tried to undermine my authority by complaining about me to my boss.
- The events of the past year have undermined people's confidence in the government.
Synonyms and Near Synonyms for undermined
- crossed (up),
- (or chiefly British spoilt),
Antonyms and Near Antonyms for undermined
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game