Synonyms and Antonyms of vitiate
- believed that luxury vitiates even the most principled person
- Numerous grammatical errors vitiate the effectiveness of your writing.
annihilate, bang up, bash, batter, clobber, crush, dash, decimate, demolish, desolate, destroy, devastate, do in, pulverize, raze, ruin, scourge, shatter, smash, tear down, total, waste, wipe out, wreck
- A penchant for coarse language vitiates what is otherwise a refined literary style.
Synonym Discussion of vitiate
- commercialism has debased the holiday
- a foreign policy vitiated by partisanship
- the claim that society is depraved by pornography
- the belief that bureaucratese corrupts the language
- the long stay on a tropical isle had debauched the ship's crew
- perverted the original goals of the institute
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up vitiate? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).