Synonyms and Antonyms of actuate
- a light actuated by a motion detector
- The alarm system actuates the door locks.
- Hearing depends on sound vibrations that actuate the complex mechanism of that sensory organ, the ear.
Synonym Discussion of actuate
- moved the furniture
- turbines actuated by waterpower
- a ship driven aground by hurricane winds
- a candidate impelled by ambition
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up actuate? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).