Synonyms and Antonyms of power
- The emir has nearly complete power over the emirate.
- The corporation has the power to accomplish almost anything.
- You'll need to build a bit more power in order to be a star pitcher.
- Dogs have a very highly developed power of smell.
Synonym Discussion of power
- the power to mold public opinion
- granted the authority to manage her estate
- the bureau having jurisdiction over parks
- you are responsible for the students under your control
- the army officer in command
- the empire extended its sway over the region
- given dominion over all the animals
Learn More about power
See words that rhyme with power Dictionary: Definition of power Medical Dictionary: Definition of power Spanish Central: Translation of power Nglish: Translation of power for Spanish speakers Britannica English: Translation of power for Arabic speakers Britannica.com: Encyclopedia article about power
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up power? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).