Synonyms and Antonyms of denounce
- The church council denounced the bishop's teachings, officially declaring them to be heresy.
- denounced the shoddy merchandise that the local shops were foisting on tourists
come down hard (on), find fault (with), take to task
- The governor has denounced the court's decision and vows to press for a constitutional amendment.
bring to account, call to account
Synonym Discussion of denounce
- criticized the police for using violence
- reprehends the self-centeredness of today's students
- a Senator formally censured by his peers
- reprobated his son's unconventional lifestyle
- condemned the government's racial policies
- a pastoral letter denouncing abortion
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up denounce? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).