:a moral weakness less serious than a vice
- He loves her despite her many faults.
:a physical or intellectual imperfection or impairment :defect
- a theory with some serious faults
:an error especially in service in a net or racket game
- She committed too many faults to win the match.
- The misplacement of "only" is one of the most common writing faults.
:responsibility for wrongdoing or failure
- the accident was the driver's fault
:a fracture in the crust of a planet (such as the earth) or moon accompanied by a displacement of one side of the fracture with respect to the other usually in a direction parallel to the fracture
- Frequent earthquakes have occurred along the San Andreas Fault.
:unable to find the scent and continue chase