Synonyms and Antonyms of punish
- The child was punished for breaking the rules.
- If caught, the thief will be severely punished.
Synonym Discussion of punish
- punished for stealing
- chastised his son for neglecting his studies
- an editorial castigating the entire city council
- chastened by a landslide election defeat
- parents must discipline their children
- the function of prison is to correct the wrongdoer
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up punish? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).