Synonyms and Antonyms of chasten
- chastened the child a five-minute timeout
- The unexpected loss to a second-rate player really chastened the tournament's top-seeded tennis star.
Synonym Discussion of chasten
- punished for stealing
- chastised his son for neglecting his studies
- an editorial castigating the entire city council
- chastened by a landslide election defeat
- parents must discipline their children
- the function of prison is to correct the wrongdoer
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up chasten? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).