Synonyms and Antonyms of confound
- We were confounded by the TV's remote control, which wasn't at all user-friendly.
blow one's mind, go to one's head
- His renewed popularity has confounded the critics who said his singing career was dead.
- I think you've confounded astrology with astronomy.
- new discoveries that confound much of what archaeologists thought they knew about the Mayan civilization
give the lie to
Synonym Discussion of confound
- the persistent fever puzzled the doctor
- a behavior that perplexed her friends
- a bewildering number of possibilities
- distracted by personal problems
- the remark left us utterly nonplussed
- the tragic news confounded us all
- was at first too dumbfounded to reply
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up confound? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).