Synonyms and Antonyms of discomfit
- Constant interruptions discomfited her in her attempt to finish the speech.
- He was discomfited by the awkward situation of having his ex-girlfriend meet his current one.
Synonym Discussion of discomfit
- The question embarrassed her so much she couldn't answer
- Hecklers discomfited the speaker
- abashed by her swift and cutting retort
- disconcerted by finding so many in attendance
- rattled by all the television cameras
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up discomfit? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).