Synonyms and Antonyms of embarrass
- The modest young soldier was embarrassed by the public praise for his heroism.
- A lot of this paperwork is unnecessary and just embarrasses the organization.
cramp one's style, give a hard time
- He claims that the new government regulations will needlessly embarrass the operations of small businesses in the state.
Synonym Discussion of embarrass
- The question embarrassed her so much she couldn't answer
- Hecklers discomfited the speaker
- abashed by her swift and cutting retort
- disconcerted by finding so many in attendance
- rattled by all the television cameras
Learn More about embarrass
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up embarrass? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).