Synonyms and Antonyms of substantiate
- substantiated his claim to local mountaineering fame with a photo of himself on the summit of Mount Denali
- Mr. MacGregor couldn't substantiate that it was Peter, and not some other rabbit, in the cabbage patch.
- The artist's intense feelings are substantiated by his paintings' bold colors and broad brush strokes.
- substantiated the need for a tuition increase with some concrete figures
- Darwin spent the rest of his life gathering evidence to substantiate his theory of the origin of species.
Synonym Discussion of substantiate
- confirmed the reports
- witnesses corroborated his story
- the claims have yet to be substantiated
- all statements of fact in the article have been verified
- handwriting experts authenticated the diaries
- validated the hypothesis by experiments
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up substantiate? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).