Synonyms and Antonyms of assert
- a superpatriot who is never afraid to assert her allegiance to flag and country
- asserted that a new roof would be necessary if the school was to remain open
- He vigorously asserted that what passes for art these days is absolute rubbish.
Synonym Discussion of assert
- asserted that modern music is just noise
- declared her support for the candidate
- affirmed the existence of an afterlife
- protested that he really had been misquoted
- avowed that all investors would be repaid in full
synonyms see in addition maintain
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up assert? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).