Synonyms and Antonyms of reprove
- My piano teacher often reproves me for slouching while playing, observing that good posture helps one play better.
burn one's ears, get after, get on
- The principal reproved the hockey team for their display of poor sportsmanship on the ice.
bring to account, call to account
- The older generation has always reproved the younger generation's taste in music.
look down one's nose (on)
Synonym Discussion of reprove
- gently reproved my table manners
- the papal letter rebuked dissenting clerics
- reprimanded by the ethics committee
- admonished by my parents to control expenses
- reproached him for tardiness
- chided by their mother for untidiness
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up reprove? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).