Synonyms and Antonyms of admonish
- The ranger admonished her for littering.
burn one's ears, get after, get on
- My physician is always admonishing me to eat more healthy foods.
Synonym Discussion of admonish
- gently reproved my table manners
- the papal letter rebuked dissenting clerics
- reprimanded by the ethics committee
- admonished by my parents to control expenses
- reproached him for tardiness
- chided by their mother for untidiness
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up admonish? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).