Synonyms and Antonyms of instruct
- spent his military career instructing young pilots
- instructed everyone in the use of the new computer system
keep posted (one), let know (one)
- The proctors instructed everyone to put their pencils down and hand in their tests.
Synonym Discussion of instruct
- taught us a lot about our planet
- instructs raw recruits in military drill
- more things than formal schooling serve to educate a person
- trained foreign pilots to operate the new aircraft
- a disciplined mind
- schooled the horse in five gaits
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up instruct? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).