Synonyms and Antonyms of assign
- I assigned the class with the task of finding something in the state constitution they felt needed changing.
- Each new employee is assigned a cubicle and a computer.
- He assigned all rights to and royalties from the song to a third party.
- The mayor assigned the panel with the task of luring a major sports franchise to the city.
Synonym Discussion of assign
- forged paintings formerly ascribed to masters
- attributed to Rembrandt but possibly done by an associate
- assigned the bones to the Cretaceous period
- tried to impute sinister motives to my actions
- credited his teammates for his success
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up assign? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).