Synonyms and Antonyms of implore
- The victims of the hurricane implored the governor to put the full resources of the state into the relief effort.
call on (or upon)
Synonym Discussion of implore
- they begged for help
- entreated me to join them
- I beseech you to have mercy
- implored her not to leave him
- with bowed heads they supplicated their Lord
- we were adjured to tell the truth
- importuning viewers for contributions
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up implore? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).