Synonyms and Antonyms of imply
- They may have implied that they'd help, but they didn't actually say so.
Synonym Discussion of imply
- a film title that suggests its subject matter
- measures implying that bankruptcy was imminent
- hinted that she might get the job
- intimates that there is more to the situation than meets the eye
- insinuated that there were shady dealings
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up imply? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).