Synonyms and Antonyms of condemn
- It is a sign of human progress that slavery, which was once common, is now universally condemned.
- a report that condemns the working conditions in the factories of many developing countries
come down hard (on), find fault (with), take to task
- The philosopher's works were once condemned by the church and placed on its list of forbidden books.
bring to account, call to account
- The accused was condemned by the news media even before the trial began.
- a fair judge who does not rush to condemn a felon to life behind bars
Synonym Discussion of condemn
- criticized the police for using violence
- reprehends the self-centeredness of today's students
- a Senator formally censured by his peers
- reprobated his son's unconventional lifestyle
- condemned the government's racial policies
- a pastoral letter denouncing abortion
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up condemn? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).