Synonyms and Antonyms of vituperate
- Every week the minister would ascend the pulpit and vituperate the parishioners for a litany of vices.
beat up on, light into, sail into, tie into
Synonym Discussion of vituperate
- angrily scolding the children
- upbraided her assistants for poor research
- berated continually by an overbearing boss
- railed loudly at their insolence
- an alleged killer reviled in the press
- was vituperated for betraying his friends
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up vituperate? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).