Synonyms & Antonyms of arraign
law to state the charges against someone who is accused of a crime in a formal procedure before a judge —usually used as (be) arraigned
- He was arraigned on charges of manslaughter.
Synonyms & Near Synonyms for arraign
- call (on),
Antonyms & Near Antonyms for arraign
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- “In Vino Veritas” and Other Latin Phrases to Live By
- 7 Shakespearean Insults to Make Life More Interesting
- Word Well Used: 'Resplendent'
- Machiavellianism and (A Whole Lot) More
Ask the Editors